Big dreams, tiny houses
Native festival brings cultures together
Pickens County delegation takes oaths of office
SVU officer honored
S.C. Botanical Garden getting new entrance
- Church News - 5:30 am
- Register now for Appalachian music lessons - 10:21 pm
- 5 Points Church collecting bikes for area children - 10:38 am
- Out & About - 5:30 am
- Army spreading warmth - 7:03 pm
- Martin Printing expands - 4:19 pm
- Big dreams, tiny houses - 8:48 am
- Native festival brings cultures together - 10:19 am
- Man dies after being stabbed by wife - 2:32 pm
- Displaced elk returned to South Carolina mountains - 2:09 pm
- Liberty headed to second round of playoffs - 1:36 pm
- Loss at Greenwood ends Easley’s season - 1:36 pm
- Wildfires still burning - 1:36 pm
- Fire on the mountain - 9:59 am
- Help feed the homeless - 9:59 am
- DHEC determines wildfire smoke is impacting SC - 9:59 am
- Pickens County delegation takes oaths of office - 9:59 am
- Bridge still a success - 9:59 am
- Pickens Police Department bringing active shooter training to the Upstate - 9:59 am
- Pizza, spaghetti or salad? - 9:20 pm
- SVU officer honored - 11:13 am
- Pickens Band snags top honors - 8:43 am
- Native American celebration is Nov. 19 at Hagood Mill - 7:32 pm
- Liberty Red Devils lose to Southside Christian - 1:09 pm
- Wood duck box applications available, deadline is Nov. 1 - 10:41 am
Displaced elk returned to South Carolina mountains
PICKENS COUNTY — With the help of the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission, the S.C. Department of Natural Resources tranquilized the Upstate̵...
Liberty headed to second round of playoffs
LIBERTY — The Liberty Red Devils are moving on in the playoffs following their 10-7 win against the Central Eagles on Friday.Tensions were runni...
Loss at Greenwood ends Easley’s season
EASLEY — The 2016 football season has come to a close for the Easley Green Wave following a 31-7 loss in the first round of the playoffs at Gree...
Wildfires still burning
PICKENS COUNTY — After more than a week, hundreds of man hours and resources from local, state and neighboring communities, wildfires continue t...
Fire on the mountain
PICKENS COUNTY — It’s not just the Autumn colors that are ablaze in upstate South Carolina as wildfires have burned through more than a th...
Help feed the homeless
PICKENS COUNTY — Miracle Hill Ministries, Upstate South Carolina’s largest and most comprehensive provider of services to the homeless, ha...
Green Wave fight good battle but lose to Hanna
EASLEY — After last week’s 30-28 Homecoming win against Greenville, expectations were high going into Friday’s match-up with TL Hann...
Boggs out, Seaborn back as Pickens continues to struggle
PICKENS — The Blue Flame’s 2016 season continues to decline as Pickens suffered yet another loss on the road — and their first in-re...
Pickens continues to struggle, loses to Seneca
SENECA — In yet another disappointing loss, the Pickens Blue Flame fell to Seneca 38-20 on Friday, sinking their record to 1-4 for the 2016 seas...
Patriots roll for first win over Pendleton
POWDERSVILLE — The Powdersville Patriots (4-1) did two things against the Pendleton Bulldogs (2-3) Sept. 23 and that was win the first ever over...
Red Devils rebound in big way
WESTMINSTER — The Liberty Red Devils (5-1) bounced back in a big way following their first loss of the season, going on the road to face the Wes...
Easley tops Greenville for third time in a row
EASLEY — It was a rough and tumble game with flip-flopping scores much of the night but in the end, it was the Green Wave on top 30-28 in this y...
State fiddling winners announced
PICKENS – Winners of the 2016 S.C. State Fiddling Championship held recently at Hagood Mill were:Adult Old Time Fiddle CategoryFirst: Senior Old...
EASLEY — The Easley Family Cemetery is getting a much-needed face-lift, thanks to a group of dedicated volunteers determined to claim a piece of...
CATbus holding stakeholder meeting
CLEMSON — CATbus and City transportation planners will hold a public workshop on Oct. 4 to give patrons an opportunity to “re-imagine̶...
Rotarians work together to build a park
EASLEY/PICKENS — The Rotarians of Easley and Pickens recently joined forces to create a resting point for travelers on the Doodle Trail.The new ...
Record Ride to the Rock
PICKENS — Riders — and a lot of them — came from all over to participate in this year’s Ride to the Rock.The ride, put on by t...
A Death Valley connection
CLEMSON — Mike Reynolds, superintendent of California’s and Nevada’s Death Valley National Park, will visit Clemson University to ce...
Failure to divorce sets off tantrums
America is like a couple who want a divorce for all the wrong reasons. The judge has ruled the couple must stay together and learn to communicate civi...
End the taboo of domestic violence
Domestic violence thrives in silence.The taboo of “not airing dirty laundry” too often results in women (and men) not reporting abuse. The...
I have an attitude of gratitude — don’t you?
By the time this article is published, Thanksgiving will only be three weeks away. I love Thanksgiving. It’s my favorite time of year. I think b...
Get in the picture!
A couple of weeks ago I posted to my personal Facebook page a series of photos of my son, Ben, that were taken at a dinosaur expo in Greenville. My da...
Coincidence or fate?
Call it fate, call it destiny, but throughout history, a series of remarkable events have unfolded at just the right time as to shape the world to how...